Articles and Scientific Papers
Over the past several years a number of articles and scientific papers have been written about the effectiveness of mindfulness meditation in producing positive outcomes in wide array of physical and emotional conditions. For the interested reader, the following is a partial list of articles where more detailed information and scientific data can be found:
- “Just Say Om” Scientists Study it. Doctors recommend it. Millions of Americans-many of whom
don’t even own crystals-practice it every day. Why? Because
meditation works. By Joel
Stein. Time August 4,
- “Mindfulness”: A Buddhist-Inspired Practice for Stepping Back
From Pain by Claudia Kalb. Newsweek
September 27, 2004
- Finding Happiness: Cajole Your Brain to Lean to the
Left. By Daniel Goleman The New York Times February 4,
- Is Buddhism Good for Your Health? By Stephen S. Hall. The New York Times September 14,
- Influence of mindfulness-based stress reduction
intervention on rates of skin clearing in patients with moderate to severe
psoriasis undergoing phototherapy (UVB) and photochemotherapy (PUVA) Psychosomat
Med (1998) 60: 625-632.
Kabat-Zinn, J.; Wheeler, E.; Light, T.; Skillings, A.; Scharf,
M.S.; Cropley, T.G.; Hosmer, D.; and Bennhard, J.
- The clinical use of mindfulness meditation for the
self-regulation of chronic pain. J. Behav. Med. (1985) 8:163-190. Kabat-Zinn, J.; Lipworth, L.; and
- Mindfulness of movement as a coping strategy in
multiple sclerosis: a pilot study.
Gen Hosp Psychiatry (2000) 22:425-431. Mills N.; Allen, J.
- A randomized, wait-list controlled clinical trial:
the effect of a mindfulness-based stress reduction program on mood and
symptoms of stress in cancer outpatients.
Psychosom Med (2000) 62:613-622. Speca, M.; Carlson, L.E.; Goodey, E.;
“What is required to participate more fully in our own health and well-being is simply to listen more carefully and to trust what we hear, to trust the messages from our own life, from our own body and mind and feelings.” |
- Jon Kabat-Zinn Wherever You Go There You Are
Overview | Background | Mindfulness | Articles | Programs | Facilitators | Contact US
Copyright Stress Reduction Training 2004-2005 All Rights Reserved